Many people are under the impression that all you have to do is visualize something and *poof*, you'll get what you visualize. If that was the case, we'd all be lying around on our couches visualizing all day!
In my experience of using the Law of Attraction, I've learned that there is a process by which you manifest your desires:
1. Be clear about what you want - What is it exactly that you want? Imagine in detail what it is that you desire.
I believe that affirmations and visualization go hand in hand. As you're picturing in your mind what you want, affirm to yourself, "I claim _________ as mine." Make an intention.
In the book, Creative Visualization, Shakti Gawain offers a long list of affirmations you can use. Here are a few that I like:
- Everything I need is coming to me easily and effortlessly.
- Everything I need is already within me.
- I am an open channel of creative energy.
- The more I give, the more I receive, and the happier I feel.
If you believe in something, five minutes later you don't say something that contradicts that belief. I know people who want to be multi-millionaires, but then I'll often catch them saying things like, "I'm broke" or "I can't afford that". Keep in mind that "I am" are powerful words.
When using the Law of Attraction, you have to stay focused on what you want and don't say or do anything that contradicts what you want.
3. Feel it - If someone handed you a check for a million dollars right now, how would you feel? Ecstatic? Joyful? In order to attract abundance, you have align your vibrations with abundance. Act as if you already have what it is that you desire.
If you ever feel resistance or negative thoughts come to you, you can wipe out those vibes by repeating a positive affirmation over and over for a few minutes.
When I first started using the Law of Attraction, I had this fear that I wouldn't have enough money to pay my bills. However, I started saying an affirmation to myself whenever I would go into a store to buy something. As soon as I reached into my wallet and pulled out the money, I would affirm, "I am taken care of every day in every way."
Another thing I started doing is writing "Thank You!" on my bills. Being grateful puts you in a higher state of vibration.
4. Go with the flow - After you've set an intention of what you desire, simply go on your merry way with the expectation that an idea or opportunity will present itself that will help in achieving your desire.
When you go with the flow, you're not feeling needy or desperate. Feeling like you need something only stops the flow because you're sending out this idea that you don't feel as if it will come to you. This negative vibe starts to attract worry, doubts, and fears.
Going with the flow means that you are flexible. You may have a goal and a plan to achieve a goal, however, something else may come along that takes you in another (faster!) direction towards your goal.
For instance, let's say that I have a goal of visiting New York. My plan is to make the cross-country trip by renting a car and driving to New York. However, a friend calls me up and says, "Hey, you can borrow my jet and fly to New York." Would I take my friend's offer? Of course!!
One technique that has helped me stay in the flow is meditation.
5. Take action! - When you relax and go with the flow, you'll start to notice all kinds of opportunities that will help manifest your desires. When these ideas come to you, take action! There is a reason why these ideas flow to you.
The challenge I currently face is that I have big ideas - ideas that will require a team to carry out. What I've discovered is that I allow these big ideas to overwhelm me, which in turn cause me to freeze up and not take action. However, I'm learning to take one step at a time. I've created outlines and have written my ideas out on paper. I'm also learning to trust that the necessary resources will present themselves in due time.
6. Be a Giver - If it's money that you want, then give money away. If you want happiness and peace, provide happiness and peace to others. Remember that like attracts like. This is the essence of the Law of Attraction. Whatever you give away comes back to you tenfold.
As you can see, the Law of Attraction is a process that requires action on your part. If you have a tip you'd like to share or have a different way of using LOA, please leave a comment!
Resources of interest:
- "Law of Attraction: The Science of Attracting More of What You Want and Less of What You Don't" by Michael Losier
- Bob Proctor's The Forgotten Laws
- Law of Attraction Training Center
Did you find this post useful? Make a donation to support this blog. Thank you!