Doesn't it feel good when someone sincerely expresses his or her gratitude to you for something you did? These positive feelings can lift you up, boost your enthusiasm, and motivate you to achieve even more.
Gratitude is one of the main elements in the Law of Attraction. When you show gratitude for the things that you have, The Universe continues to give you more. Remember that like attracts like!
Here are five benefits of gratitude:
1. Reaching your goals. When you feel grateful, it tends to be a lasting and selfless feeling. It's much more than just a momentary burst of positive energy; it has staying power that inspires you to reach your goals.
2. Strengthened relationships. There are many ways you can express your gratitude to your loved ones, including saying, "Thank you," writing a letter, or giving them a thoughtful gift. When you learn to avoid taking your loved ones for granted, you'll have a long lasting and loving relationship.
3. Improved communication. Gratitude can mean better communication all around. By expressing your gratitude to strangers, they'll be more likely to show an interest in helping you as well.
4. More effective constructive criticism. No matter how we express constructive criticism, it often makes the recipient defensive or even angry. No one likes a blow to the ego. In this situation, a grateful attitude can take you a long way. You can express criticism quite effectively when you also emphasize what you appreciate about them.
5. Preserving memories. You can preserve memories in a positive way when you keep a gratitude journal. You'll be able to enjoy your memories again and again when you read about these happy times in the future.
Show Your Gratitude Every Day
Showing gratitude to others may seem like a selfless act, but it's something that you also benefit from. When you show your gratitude every day, you change the way you think.
You'll appreciate your good life when the majority of your thoughts remain positive. Negative thoughts can sometimes be overwhelming, and just because you have them doesn't mean you're a bad person. Everyone has negative thoughts at one time or another, but you can strive to keep them to a minimum with the help of a grateful attitude.
One way to show your gratitude every day is to remind yourself of the big picture when a negative thought arises. If a petty argument with your spouse makes you feel angry and heated, take a deep breath and think for a moment. Remember that the argument is not permanent and, instead, feel grateful for the gift of this relationship.
In what ways do you show gratitude each day?
Read more of my thoughts about gratitude...
>>>>Get the "Attitude of Gratitude" subliminal mp3.
Would you like to show your gratitude by treating me to a cup of tea? Please make a donation! Thank you!
Photo credits: hurricanemaine, Bùi Linh Ngân